When it comes to job placement, no other company offers quick, long-term results better than the MaxGroup. By tuning in to your company's culture, your goals, your needs, we get a better picture of the candidate who is right for you. The desire to put our clients' needs first and build solid relationships has paid off. So much in fact, over 92% of our customers are repeat business.
At MaxGroup we have concentrated our years of successful search experience into 4 main action plans and that includes 25 Step Search and Selection Process.
1: Search & Discovery
This is the most important part of the search process. If we don't understand exactly what qualities our Clients want in a candidate, the search will not produce the desired results. This is why MaxGroup concentrates on the following:
- Conduct a thorough needs analysis to obtain all the information required to complete a professional search. This includes strategizing on how to attract candidates from your top competitors.
- Build a profile of the ideal candidate against which we screen potential candidates. On request, we can interview your top-performing employees as part of the screening process. Prepare a written document detailing the ideal profile and a strategy for presenting the opportunity to candidates. Obtain your approval and sign-off.
- Consult with you on industry compensation standards and construct a compensation model.
- Assemble a project team and launch marketplace research. Examine direct and indirect competitors as well as identify alternate companies that employ candidates possessing the skills and experience you seek.
- Submit the list of targeted companies and candidates for your review and approval. Obtain your sign-off.
- Conduct comprehensive telephone interviews with candidates using behavioral-based questions to ascertain three crucial qualifying factors: Do they have the appropriate background? Are they willing to change jobs for the right opportunity? Do their goals in making a career move align with yours?
- We can conduct face-to-face interviews with potential candidates or interview them via video conferencing.
- Present a short list of highly qualified candidates who have successfully passed the screening process.
- Submit the resumes and summaries from qualifying interviews with selected candidates.
In this step you determine if we have a match. By this point the MaxGroup staff has significantly increased the potential for success by understanding your needs, screening candidates against that criteria and presenting those candidates who best match your requirements.
- Arrange and coordinate the initial interview between you and the candidate. This interview may be by telephone, face-to-face or videoconferencing at your direction.
- Prepare the candidate for the initial interview including briefing them on the agenda, your priorities and your expectations.
- Prepare you for the initial interview, drawing attention to the candidate's particular goals and aspirations.
- Debrief with the candidate following the interview and capture their initial thoughts and concerns.
- Debrief with you and discuss preliminary conclusions. Professionally release any candidates not selected to continue in the process.
- Arrange and coordinate second interviews and discuss particular areas of concern.
- Debrief with you and the candidates following the second interviews. Professionally release any candidates not selected to continue in the process.
- Conduct professional reference checks and provide written summaries of those interviews.
Experience makes all the difference. Our years of experience managing delicate negotiations will add tremendous value and help you avoid costly pitfalls. Our goal is to create a win-win outcome for both you and your candidate of choice.
- Verify earnings and negotiate a win-win compensation package.
- If desired, provide educational verification, credit history, motor vehicle records, and other appropriate background checks.
- Communicate verbal offer of employment to the candidate of choice to help ensure acceptance.
- Consult with the candidate and resolve resignation and counteroffer issues.
- Confirm the start date and obtain written confirmation from the candidate.
4: Follow Through
The period between acceptance of an offer and the start date is a critical time for a new employee and it is important they remain connected to the new company during their transition phase. This is also when the MaxGroup conducts our post search debriefing protocol to evaluate the completed search and results.
- Remain in contact with you and the candidate through the start date and initial days of employment. Experience has shown that this is a vulnerable time for candidates in transition and we work to keep them connected and comfortable with their decision.
- Conduct a conclusion interview with you to ensure the project was completed to your satisfaction.
- If acceptable, request a reference letter and permission to use your name for reference purposes.
This structured approach is utilized each time the MaxGroup executes a search project. It allows us to tailor the process to address your specific needs and lets us focus all of our energy on building the best candidate selection pool for your particular position.